Thursday, November 02, 2006

NaNoWriMo and NaBloPoMo...Wait, What Was That?

This is what I'm pledging to do. I can't promise I'll stick to it, but I'm going to give it my best effort. Many thanks to Katrina for giving me the idea.



I'm not going to make any apologies for my long hiatus. In fact, I wasn't even going to mention it, because it sounds so much like any other blogger who just stops writing for awhile. But, I figured that, if nothing else, it would just be a topic that I could write something about. And some people might even be slightly interested in why I haven't been writing. Oh, who am I kidding? It's the same ol', same ol', uninteresting stuff.



Let's see...well, to start off, when I stopped writing I had just broken up with a very bad boyfriend and within a couple of weeks, started seeing someone new. I vented about the jerk, here and here, but then grew very weary of that topic. So I stopped. But since it was still such a prominently disturbing issue in my life, I couldn't think of anything else to write about. Then, after all of that was over, I had found a wonderful man who I quickly fell in love with. And you know how that can be. It's a very consuming thing. We've been inseperable since we started dating and...well, you know. I suppose that I could've written about that, too, but that little critic inside me kept telling me not to tell sappy, run-of-the-mill, oh he's so wonderful kind of stories. I mean I will, eventuallly, but not just yet.



So, now that I've gotten all that out of the way, I'd like to say I'm excited about this upcoming month. I have NO idea what I'm going to write about, but I know that even if it just sucks here and there, it will help me grow and get back in the habit of writing again. I've really missed it. In fact, I will probably post twice today, just to make up for yesterday. Thanks again, Katrina. Happy NaBloPoMo and NaNoWriMo everybody!

1 comment:

Amy said...

YIPPPEEE!!! You're back! I'm trying the NanoWriMo thing, but I can't make any promises on that commitment.

I'll be here to read, whether you post or not. It's good to know that things are going well in your life!