Friday, July 07, 2006

Life's Little Pleasures

Ahhh, it's the little things in life that make me truly happy.



This morning my boss asked for his paycheck (we normally receive them on Thursday and pass them out on Friday), but they hadn't come in yesterday or this morning because of the holiday. So, I told him that they weren't in yet. He was upset because he's leaving early today and wouldn't be able to get his paycheck before he left. That's life's little pleasures #1.



Then, just as he was getting ready to walk out the door, his boss (the REALLY big-wig) comes in the door and starts talking about how they need to sit down and discuss this whole long list of stuff. That's life's little pleasures #2.



Is it wrong that I'm getting so much glee from my boss' discomfort? Well, probably a little, but what am I going to do? Funny is funny.

4 comments:

Trixie said...

I love it!

I think it's great and I would chuckle a little too if I were you :)

Newlywife said...

It is DEFINITELY not wrong. I am sure he does these things to you all the time.

Karma gets everyone!

Katrina said...

Does your boss bear any resemblance to the boss Michael Scott, from "The Office"? If so, then I think your glee is fully justified.

Amy said...

it's such little things that can make your day, isn't it? and a squirming boss is high on the list!!!